Sunday 6 June 2010

Cupcake Recipe- Easy Peasy

This recipe is not brand new and you may even have a better version. However, this works for me and is so quick and easy that I can make and have them in the oven in next to no time. Sorry the units of measurement may not suit USA visitors but they can easily be converted if I had a book that did that!
Ingredients
50g/2ozs Flour
50g/2ozs Margarine
50g/ 2ozs Sugar (preferably Caster Sugar/ Fine sugar)
1 Large Egg
9 Bun Cases
Method
1. Turn on the oven, gas mark 5 / 190 degrees C.
Place the cases in a bun tray.

2. Sieve the flour into a bowl, add all the other ingredients and beat well with a wooden spoon until light and fluffy (I use an electric whisk, brilliant).

3. Divide mixture between the paper cases and bake for about 20-25 minutes until well risen, firm and golden brown.

Queens Cakes
Make exactly as above but add 25g/ 1ozs of currants or sultanas to the mixture.

Cherry Cakes
Make exactly as above, but add 25g/ 1ozs of Cherries which have been washed, dried and chopped.

Decorating
I will admit that I do cheat here and buy ready made butter icing as I never seem to be able to get the taste right. It works well through a piping bag and comes in a variety of flavours. It is called Betty Crocker - Ready to Spread icing - Buttercream Style. you can get it in Tesco/ Asda etc. You can keep it in the fridge and it has a reasonable life span. Then I add smarties, sprinkles etc whatever is in my baking cupboard.
..................................................................
I have been asked about the cupcake stand. I found in on Ebay and just typed in Cupcake stand. You can find many different types, including more wedding style ones. For the last two birthdays Sophie has asked for a cupcake stand cake instead of a traditional birthday cake. Much easier to do and I think more attractive. Her friends and their Mum's loved it!
When I make another batch I shall take some pictures of the bits and bobs I use to decorate them.
Give it a go and let me know what you decorate your cupcakes with.
xx

5 comments:

Ali said...

Hello,

I've just made the Origami needlecase from this issue of Sew Hip. I found it a breeze and was very pleased with the results. Thank you for sharing!

I've not blogged it yet, but I have put a picture on the Sew Hip page on facebook

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=28616033676&ref=ts

Indigo Blue said...

Many thanks for letting me know Alison. I have been to have a look and i wish I couod get in contact with you , but your blogger profile is not activated. Hopefully you will come back and see this. I am going to blog about that issue of Sew Hip this week. So glad you liked it. i shall hopefully have something else up my sleeve in the coming months.

trash said...

oooo just what I need. I made cakes this aftie and they were HIDEOUS. Don't know why as it is a recipe I have used loads before. Shall make these tomorrow.

Tracey said...

Hi, I found you through Josie, Don't know how I missed such a brill blog!
xxx

Ali said...

Hi again - Alison here. I've 2 accounts I post on because of various password problems! My blog is www.faerynuff.blogspot.com. Thank you for replying to my comments. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...