Wednesday 9 April 2014

Orla Kiely Organiser


A few weeks ago I saw via Philofaxy a Youtube video by Organised Like Jen and she was featuring a travel wash / vanity bag by Orla Kiely.  Jen uses her to transport her paperwork and filofax when she travels as part of her job.
It looked like it was going to be ideal for what I was looking for so after a little search on Ebay I located one in America.  The price was right and in as little as 5 days it turned up and I was very impressed.
The outer metal zip does not catch in any way and on opening the inside left hand side there is a thick mesh pocket with a full width zip. Opposite, a see through flip pocket with elasticated sections.

Plenty of room for pens and scissors etc.
I really did not think that my A5 work planner would actually fit in........but it did and with space to spare.  My planner is quit full but the zip was not struggling at all, in fact it was no where near the Malden at all.
I found this A6 post-it note pad in Paperchase which I use to add larger notes to my lesson planning pages and this.....
easily fits into the zip pocket which is on the other side of the elasticated pocket.
Here I have popped in some supplies in the mech pocket and pens and scissors in the flap pocket.
So, in here I have an A5 Malden, supplies, pens, scissors, post-it notes etc and it is still not full!  A very deceptively large bag.  Sold as a travel wash/vanity bag.  I do not have this much make up etc ever, let alone when travelling.  However the possibilites for carrying work, art or sewing supplies is endless.
I am going to now swap all of this for materials for my Art Textiles evening class for when I attend the practical exam at the end of the month.
Thank you Organised By Jen, a really useful and pretty item which I shall have in constant use from now on!
xx

2 comments:

Indigo Blue said...

I have swapped the contents for Art and sewing supplies for my short trip away.
X

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

What a great idea...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...