Saturday 8 June 2013

Books - My latest read by Rebecca Shaw

The day job had been pretty hectic this week so not been able to blog at all. However, the half term break did enable me to read a book which I finished last night.
A village feud by Rebecca Shaw is much more gritty than some others in the series set in Turnham Malpas.  There is even a murder for which, as the reader, you are a witness to.

The village store comes under attack and the more unpleasant side of human nature is looked at. Not so many of the village characters appear in this book as it seems to focus and a few small groups.  Did make it little less confusing than with some of the other books.
I really enjoyed it and it has been along time since I have been able to sit and enjoy a book and read it in just over a week.
The next one is in fact on my kindle and I think is called The Village Green Affair.  Did Miss Read have a book with a similar title?  Not sure.  Anyway, hope everyone in the UK is enjoying this glorious weather and I shall ignore the fact that it might be changing on Tuesday and I shall have my boots back out again!
Take care.
PS: Sorting a post about our trip to the Harry Potter Studios over half term.
xx

6 comments:

Lynne said...

I have a small collection of Rebecca Shaw books, and enjoy them, haven't bought one for ages.

Our weather is less than glorious here in West Norfolk, but we live in hopes!! Had a wonderfully sunny day on Thursday when I did a tour of Open Studios, but dull since.

WendyCarole said...

oooh I haven't read this one. But I enjoyed the couple I got ut of the library

Annie Cholewa said...

My Mum, who used to love the Miss Read books, has been reading this series ... she's yet to mention a murder though!

Ali said...

I don't think I would have looked at this if it wasn't for your lovely review. I'll definitely be checking out the author. I can't wait to read your Harry Potter post. I have sent you an email re the kitten.
Ali x

Mail Art Dramas said...

Our summer has been a wet one here in PA,USA. I too have been reading.
My cousin writes science fiction books and I'm now reading Elfhome, the third book in her Tinker series. It takes place partly here in Pittsburgh. Her books are adventure and romance with syfi mixed in. Her books are on Kindle, Wen Spencer.
more rain today, maybe we will venture out to see a movie.

Carol said...

Not read any of Rebecca Shaw's books., that one sounds interesting. I've recently got into Debbie Macomber books. I wasn't over keen on the first one I read (The Shop on Blossom Street) but now I'm really enjoying them. Found one for 50p at a local market this week, the seller asked if I liked the author, I said I did. Then she told me she had sold 20 of her books earlier that morning! Oh hum.
I read a lot and I also get through at least one unabridged audio book (library) every week.
Carol xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...