Sunday 21 December 2008

Ballet success.....

How could I have forgotten!? It has been on our minds for weeks, the practising, the lessons (early in the morning!), trying to find the right ballet outfit as it can not be any old outfit oh no. Mummy's sleepless nights wondering how she was going to get her daughters bob hair into a 'ballet dancer's Bun'! The possibility that said daughter would back out at the last minute but no, worries were not justified and Sophie's very first ballet exam went very well on Saturday 13th December.
Sorry no actual pictures as we are not allowed to take any. Sophie really looked the part and so sweet. If there were not other people there I dare say a tear would have appeared, it was one of those 'Slushy Mummy Moments'.

Well done my little dancer, you went in with your little group and dance teacher and came back out 20 minutes later with a smile and a chocolate Father Christmas. They all passed, it was the Pre-primary level.

Could be the first exam of many.

Just wanted to share that as I perhaps do not write a great deal about my life outside of craft.

xxxxx

11 comments:

Kitty said...

Well done Sophie! It's lovely when they achieve something isn't it? A parent's proud moment. x

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Congrat's Sophie!!!

Country Bliss said...

Well done Sophie! You must've been very proud of her.
Yvonne x

MelMel said...

Well done Sophie....happy christmas to you all xxx

JuliaB said...

ahhhhhh.... bless her.. and congratulations. I wanted to do ballet when I was little but my mother wasn't the type to do all those things with me. xxx

Anonymous said...

brilliant congratulations. Hoping to start Martha when she is three.

April said...

Huge Congrats to Sophie, what a great start to Christmas

April xx

Lesley's Creations said...

Well done Sophie! Have a wonderful Christmas. xx

inkberryblue said...

I'd like to add my congratulations too and I also hope that you and your family have a joyful Christmas and a fabulous New Year! =]

Chocolate Cat said...

Congratulations Sophie!
Always found the hair for ballet a problem, solved with a can of hairspray and a thin comb, all came a bit unstuck when in a nervous moment 10 minutes before an exam I sprayed, the can leaked and the leotard was wet with hairspray. We fixed it in time but I certainly learnt my lesson to leave well alone!!!

Tilly said...

Hi there, wishing you and your loved ones a very Happy Christmas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...